Events at the turn of the year
(1) At the turn of the year 2021/2022, the Chemnitz police department carried out several checks to enforce and maintain the Saxon Corona Emergency Ordinance. Overall, the turn of the year was rather quiet from the police point of view. Between 6:30 p.m. on New Year's Eve and 4:25 a.m. on New Year's Day, around 49 incident-related facts were reported to the police. The majority of these were reports of disturbances and noise. In addition, 14 criminal offenses have been recorded to date, eight of which involve property damage and six cases of bodily harm. In addition, eight violations of the Saxon Corona emergency were reported.
In the Markersdorf district of Chemnitz, unknown perpetrators blew up a cigarette vending machine on Alfred-Neubert-Straße with firecrackers. An unknown number of cigarette packs and cash were stolen from the machine. Information on the damage caused is not yet available. Police have launched an investigation into causing an explosive device to explode.
In Freiberg, from 11:15 p.m., a lively influx of people was noticed in the heap area of the "Alten Elisabeth". This location is a well-known meeting place to see the fireworks in and above the city of Freiberg on New Year's Eve. At the peak, about 150 people were found on the extensive site. These stayed in small groups at large distances from each other on the site. A further inflow was prevented by emergency services. At around 12:15 a.m., the groups of people left quickly.
Around 10:05 p.m., the police arrived on Freiberger Strasse in Frankenberg. A mailbox system was blown up and damaged by fireworks by unknown perpetrators. The total damage was estimated at around 2,000 euros. Police have launched an investigation into causing an explosive device to explode.
In Stollberg, around 11:50 p.m., there was a gathering of around 40 people with fireworks on the market in Zwönitz. The people were approached by the emergency services and informed of the existing ban on firecrackers and gathering. The people then left the location in small groups.
In the area of responsibility of the Annaberg police station, emergency services found a group of six people around 10:40 p.m. During a check, it became known that there were two unvaccinated people in the group, which is not permitted under the Saxon Corona Emergency Ordinance. They also had fireworks with them. Accordingly, administrative offense reports were made.
Around 12:55 a.m., emergency services in Schlettau found a bag with several firecrackers without a certification mark. So far, this could not be assigned to a person/group of people. The police have started investigations into violations of the Explosives Act.
In the Großrückerswalde district of Marienberg, it became known that around 9:00 p.m. there were 30 people with candles, which formed a chain of lights on Wolkensteiner Straße. They observed the applicable regulations and paid attention to safety distances and mouth and nose protection. There were no violations. (PR)
19-year-old attacked and injured - suspects identified
Time: December 31, 2021, 11:30 p.m.Location: OT center
(2) Last night, the police and rescue services were deployed near the »Red Tower« stop on the Street of Nations due to an altercation. According to the current state of knowledge, two men from a group attacked an Afghan citizen (19) in front of a shop after a verbal argument, with one of the attackers apparently attacking the young person with a knife. The perpetrators then fled with their companions in different directions. The 19-year-old suffered serious injuries and was taken to hospital by rescue workers. In the course of the search measures, the alarmed officers were able to identify and locate two suspects (17, 18) and take them to a police station. On the instructions of the public prosecutor's office in Chemnitz, the two suspects were released after the first police measures. Meanwhile, the investigations into dangerous bodily harm and the events and the respective crimes against the two suspects continue. They are Syrian citizens. (mg)
Tobacco goods stolen from shop
Time: 01/01/2021, 02:00 a.m. Location: OT Altendorf
(3) On New Year's Eve, strangers smashed the window of a shop on Flemmingstrasse. The perpetrators then ran away. This could be observed by a witness, whereupon he informed the police.
The police officers deployed confirmed the facts and filed a complaint for damage to property.
Around 2:00 a.m., a witness reported that the youths who are said to have smashed the window earlier are now in front of the store again. Police officers from the Chemnitz Südwest police station were then able to identify five people who had already stolen several dozen cigarette packs from the store. The perpetrators are three German youths (m/15, f/14, f/15) and two children (m/13 and m/12).
The police have started investigations into the particularly serious case of theft. (PR)
Sprayer caught in the act
Time: 01/01/2021, 2:35 a.m. Location: OT Kaßberg
(4) On Saturday night, a witness reported that a female person had just sprayed a house facade on Gerhart-Hauptmann-Platz. Deployed officials then revealed an approximately 4.30 meter by 1.40 meter large graffiti on a house facade. As part of a crime scene search, a female person who matched the personal description was found in a nearby park. This was a 22-year-old German woman. Paint was found on her clothing. In addition, there were spray cans in her backpack. These were secured. A complaint was filed against the 22-year-old for damage to property. (PR)
Container fires on New Year's Eve
Time: January 1st, 2022, around 3:00 a.m. known to the police Place: OT Schönau and OT Zentrum
(5) On New Year's Eve, container fires in the Chemnitz districts of Schönau and Zentrum caused considerable property damage.
Unknown perpetrators set fire to a clothes container on Bahnstrasse. This burned out completely. The property damage incurred was estimated at around 5,000 euros.
Furthermore, there was a fire in a paper container on Bernsdorfer Straße/corner of Ritterstraße. The material damage caused by this has not yet been ascertained.
In both cases, the police are investigating property damage. (PR)
Hitler salute shown
Time: 01/01/2022, around 12:10 a.m. Location: OT center
(6) The police were called to Untere Aktienstraße on New Year's Eve because several men from a group of people are said to have repeatedly given the so-called Hitler salute. When the officers arrived shortly thereafter, they were able to locate a group in the area that matched the descriptions of the people. In the course of the complaint being taken against two young men (17, 21) the suspicion of having shown the Hitler salute was confirmed. The police have started investigations into suspected use of license plates belonging to unconstitutional organizations against the two German nationals. (mg)
Middle Saxony district
Young person hit by car
Time: December 31, 2021, 10:50 a.m. Place: Freiberg
(7) The 59-year-old driver of a Citroën car drove down Olbernhauer Strasse from the direction of Annaberger Strasse in the direction of Karl-Kegel-Strasse on Friday morning. When the 59-year-old turned left with her car at the Olbernhauer Strasse/Beuststrasse intersection, she collided with a pedestrian crossing the pedestrian crossing (16). The 16-year-old suffered minor injuries. There was property damage of around 300 euros. (mg)
Oncoming cars collided
Time: December 31, 2021, 3:50 p.m. Place: Königshain-Wiederau, OT Wiederau
(8) Yesterday afternoon, the 79-year-old driver of an Opel car drove down Rehbockswinkel in the direction of Mittweidaer Straße, left the roadway too far to the right and collided with an oncoming Dacia car and trailer. As a result of the collision, the trailer and the Dacia were pushed against a railing on the roadway. The 79-year-old was taken to hospital with minor injuries. The total damage to the vehicles, the trailer and the railing amounts to around 13,000 euros. (mg)
Car parade on the topic »No to the Corona dictatorship!«
Time: December 31, 2021, 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Location: Marienberg and OT Lauta
(9) On Friday afternoon there was a police operation in the area of responsibility of the Marienberg police station. A motorcade with up to 200 vehicles was registered here. This had the topic »No to the Corona dictatorship!«.
About 80 vehicles gathered in the Pferdegöbel car park and 20 vehicles in the Stadthalle car park. At around 1:15 p.m. the motorcade started moving. The route led, among other things, via the Zschopauer Straße in Marienberg, via the Goethering, the Äußere Wolkensteiner Straße, the B 171, the Talstraße (S224), via Oberdorf and Lauta back to the starting point. The motorcade ended at around 3:25 p.m.
There were no violations of the requirements. The preliminary results revealed four red light violations that were committed during the motorcade. (PR)
Refuge blown up with firecrackers/witnesses wanted
Time: December 31, 2021, 3:10 p.m. known to the police Place: Mildenau
(10) Unknown perpetrators used firecrackers to blow up a shelter on the rose hip path in the small Kastenwald in the direction of Königswalde. The shelter was completely destroyed by the detonation. The material damage was estimated at around 500 euros.
As part of the investigation, witnesses are also being sought who can provide relevant information about the damaged shelter or the perpetrators. Observed vehicles in the forest area or perceived popping noises can also be relevant. Witnesses can contact the Annaberg police station on 03733 88-0.
Novice driver left the lane and suffered minor injuries
Time: December 31, 2021, 9:20 a.m. Location: Königswalde
(11) Yesterday morning, the 18-year-old driver of a Mini car was driving on the street “siedlung Neue Zeit” (S 265) in the direction of Königswalde. About 150 meters before the junction with Bahnhofstrasse, the Mini left the road to the right and came to a stop in a meadow. The young woman suffered minor injuries. Material damage to the vehicle amounting to approx. 8,000 euros. (mg)